Did you ever think that you could enjoy a delcious, chewy, chocolatey cookie that is 100% flour free? what’s that you say? that’s right, No wheat flour, spelt flour, quinoa flour, not even coconut flour. Even better, you can make them and have them in your belly in under 20 minutes. Even, even better, they are jam packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats. Be prepared, for them to top your list of favourite healthy treats, not just because they taste amazing and are easy to make, but because of the feel good vibes that you will have when you discover just how nutrient packed Hemp hearts are.
Hemp seeds come from the same plant as marijuana, but don’t have the same psychotopic effect. Truthfully, they are so nutritioust, that even if they did I’d probably still eat them…Just maybe not in my morning smoothie (insert winky face emoji). Its been said that Hemp hearts are the most concentrated and best balanced source of proteins, essential fats and micronutrients in Nature. Those alligations may be true, check out its outstanding nutritional composition.
- Hemp seeds are 33% protein
- Hemp seeds are 35% essential fatty acid
- Contain all 9 essential amino acids
- Contain an abundant source of GLA, an essential omega-6 fatty acid that has been proven to naturally balance hormones.
- Rich in soluble and un-soluble fiber
- Great source of Vitamins and Minerals- Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, zinc, Vitamin A,
- B1, B2, B6m D and E
I sprinkle that Sh*t on everything
- Coconut yogurt
- porridge http://stephaniesansen.com/2017/01/09/simplehempseedporridge/
- Stir fry
I wasn’t prepared for how great these cookies would turn out. I thought that they would be crumbly, kind of earthy and just ok. Let me tell you, they are anything but! They are the perfect balance between a fig cookie and a macaroon and are definitely solid proof that nutrient dense foods can taste great!
Pour yourself a tea, grab a magazine and enjoy one of these delicious & nutritious Hemp cookies!